Best Budget Make-up Brands
So with plenty of makeup brands out there and thousands and thousands of products for a variety of different uses, it can be difficult to find products right for you. But as you’re a student, price is probably your first criteria, so below is a list of the best budget makeup brands you can get in the UK. We’re afraid that finding the best products for you is down to you, we can’t do everything! (but we try). We’ve directed all the links to Superdrug and Boots as they do normally offer student discounts, and by buying from one of these suppliers you can get multiple brands and products all in one place, saving on delivery, packaging and well, just hassle!
- Revolution– Probably one of the BEST budget makeup brands. They’re best known for their gorgeous eye shadow palettes, and boy do they have a few. However, more recently they have expanded their offering with everything from fantastic skincare and lipsticks to their awesome conceal and hydrate foundation and concealer. We love this brand.
- e.l.f– With the added bonus that all their products are vegan, e.l.f cosmetics makeup products are simply fantastic. Everyone knows about their Poreless Putty Primer, but e.l.f offers many more products which are worth writing about, unfortunately, we don’t have all day. Overview- e.l.f products are fab.
- NYX– This brand offers hundreds of fantastic products, and many of these come in a huge range of colours, perfect for the experimental type! If you’ve ever stood in front of a NYX stand, you’ll know the pain of deciding between 10 different colours of Lip Lingerie, and then just deciding to cut your losses and buy 6.
- Collection– Providing everyone with an opportunity to get their hands on great makeup for an awesome price. The range of makeup by Collection is great, with many staple products, one of which is their highly-rated Lasting Perfection Concealer. We would recommend trying out a few of their products.
- Glossier– Ok, so it’s not as cheap as some of the other brands, but Glossier has made a big impact on the makeup industry. Their products focus on enhancing natural beauty, one of their most popular products is their Cloud Paint, a multi-use product, as well as their Futuredew, can we just get one of everything, please? (unfortunately Glossier products are only available to purchase from their own website, we’re ready for their high street appearance).
- Wet n Wild– so this brand isn’t as well-known as some others but they offer a great range of makeup products at a fantastic price point. We love how many highlighters, glitter and metallic products this brand has, did someone say night out?
- L’Oreal– A classic brand which has been around for years that offers a huge range of great products, and more recently they’ve added more trend-based products to their range. However, keeping true to themselves they still offer awesome mascaras and beautiful foundations.
- Barry M– Known for their fantastic nail varnishes, Barry M also does a great range of makeup. If you are heading to a festival or a party where you want to glitz it up, head to the Barry M stand, face jewels and glitter galore, which now comes in biodegradable shades. That’s what we’re talking about!
- GOSH– Are a great brand for achieving that perfect base, whether you like sheer coverage or full coverage, they have a product for what you need. 70% of GOSH products are vegan, and they have started to use ocean waste packaging, we love where they’re going.
- Maybelline– Their iconic Eraser Eye Concealer is hugely popular, and they also make the UK’s number 1 mascara, Lash Sensational Mascara. Maybelline products are fantastic, just like the range they offer, and you’ll 100% find a Maybelline product you cannot live without.
- Sleek– We love the sculpting and highlighting products that sleek offer. Although they offer a whole range of great products for whatever style you love, whether it’s quite natural or super snatched!
- C.Y.O– This brand encourages freedom, with their products being super versatile. Their foundations are great and they also have an illuminating mixing cream which is great for creating a natural glow. You’ll find yourself using one of their multi-use products on your eyes, cheeks and lips, which is a bonus.
- Rimmel– Another classic high street makeup brand, Rimmel offers a great range of products, including their foundations. Their best sellers include Scandaleyes Mascara and their Micro Precision Brow Pencil. A fantastic brand for everyone.
- Primark Beauty– although it’s not available online, who doesn’t love a trip to Primark? They do a HUGE range of beauty products and they have seriously stepped up their game with quality and overall look. They offer a few crazy good dupes for a fraction of the price, you can check them out here or in-store, but be warned these products sell out super fast, so you’ll have to be quick.
So whatever your prefered look or finish, you can see that there are loads of budget makeup brands where quality isn’t compromised. Obviously, there are 100’s more, but quite simply, that would take forever. Give a few a try and save a few quid whilst looking fabulous.
Posted in: Shopping