Lots of people in today’s society are trying to actively become more Eco friendly and we’ve got some great tips to make that move yourself.
- Eat less meat- We’re not saying full veggie, but swapping to vegetarian alternatives for 3 meals a week.
- Recycle more- Recycling is an obvious one, but have a quick Google and keep up to date with the dos and don’ts.
- Go paperless- In the digital world we now live in, everything from receipts and bank statements can now be sent digitally, just think of all that paper you could save.
- Shopping bag- get yourself a reusable shopping bag, whether its canvas, cotton or hemp, keep it in your bag to avoid buying a plastic one.
- Cloth over disposable- Whether it’s an old t-shirt or a pillowcase, use your old cloth items to clean with, then wash and reuse.
- Alternative transport- Ride your bike, walk, use an electric bus or share a journey, there are plenty of options for more eco-friendly travel.
- Borrow or reuse clothes- Do a wardrobe swap with a few friends every couple of weeks or visit your local charity shop, you will find some gorgeous pieces, at great prices and it’s great for the environment. Read more on sustainable fashion here.
- Reusable containers- There are lots of eco-friendly grocery shops popping up in cities, where you can take your own containers and fill them up, what an awesome idea.
- Cut down on energy- switch off lights when you leave a room, switch off the tap when you are brushing your teeth and switch off plugs when they are not in use.
- Don’t waste food- only buy what you will eat, only cook what you will eat and why not try preparing meals in bulk to avoid food waste.
We know what we could all be more environmentally friendly, so by starting with these simple steps we can all make a little change which will make a big difference.