The countdown has already begun, the time where for just one night a year the big man in a red suit climbs down your chimney and leaves you a little present under that perfectly decorated tree. As the noble Noddie Holder once said “ITS CHRISTMAAASSS”. If you’re reading this and have been oblivious to the world and have not even started buying your loved ones Christmas presents I’d pop to the shops right about now…For the rest of you lucky chaps here are some little fun facts to tell your family round the Christmas table instead of telling poor Christmas cracker jokes like this “Why did Santa’s helper see the doctor? Because he had a low ‘elf’ esteem!” I am sorry for that one, I really am. Anyway here’s the top 5 Christmas fun facts.
5. At number 5 we have probably the most unfair fun fact of them all. Actually, it’s not even fun. Just unfair. In Greece, Italy, Spain and Germany, workers get a Christmas bonus of one month’s salary by law. Let’s hope Britain catch on soon enough.
4. Apparently in that crazy cold country called Iceland there are 13 Santas, each leaving a gift for children. They come down from the mountain one by one, starting on December 12 and have names like Spoon Licker, Door Sniffer and Meat Hook. Pretty sure I’d prefer them to our Iceland’s Kerry Katona or Stacy Solomon.
3. Those Norwegians are ever so generous since 1947 Oslo has sent an Xmas tree to London to thank us for our help in the Second World War. On behalf of the people of the UK, you’re welcome.
2. Nothing gets people in the mood for Christmas better than music, and it seems that the most influential of them all was the one, the only, Bing Crosby. Bing has sold over 50 million copies since 1942. Christmas gem.
1. Them pesky Americans just had to go all technical on us didn’t they. Scientists calculated that Santa would have to visit 822 homes a second to deliver all the world’s presents on Christmas Eve, travelling at 650 miles a second. I still believe.
Well there you have it, some fun facts to take away with you and share with your loved ones. May all your Christmas’ be white.
Posted in: Uncategorized