Now that we’re all staying in, I can guarantee that most people are staying up later and therefore getting up later too. Even though a lie-in can be a lovely treat, you’re probably not sleeping too well… We’ve got some pointers to help you get a much better night’s sleep.
- Get some natural light during the day. Your body has a natural timekeeping clock, your brain, hormones and body will know when it’s time to stay awake and time to sleep.
- Reduce blue light exposure. Activate night time settings on your phone, wear glasses that block blue light and reduce the amount you use your phone before bed.
- Don’t have caffeine after 4 pm, caffeine will seriously inhibit your sleep quality.
- Don’t nap for more than 20 minutes, any more than this is sleeping and not napping.
- Get into a sleeping routine, aim to fall asleep and wake up at the same time every day.
- Reduce the amount of alcohol you consume, as alcohol negatively affects your sleep and hormones.
- Get your bedroom right, the temperature, lighting, noise, and even your whole bedroom arrangement can affect how well you sleep. There isn’t a set thing which works for everyone, you need to find what works for you.
- Don’t eat too late. Eating a big meal before bed can negatively affect your hormones.
- Shower or bath. There is just something about the warm water and how relaxed it makes you feel.
- Relax and try to calm down before bed. Find something which helps you to relax and do this every night before bed
Hopefully, with all of these pointers, you’ll be getting at least 7 hours of quality beauty sleep every night, and feeling as rested as ever!