Who doesn’t love fast food? A treat whether it be mid-week or over the weekend makes for the perfect night in. Plus, as students who can be bothered to cook every night?
This is Sunderland students’ guide, to the best fast-food restaurants on their doorstep. From Chinese to Fish and Chips, we have you covered whatever your favourite cuisine.
Fish and Chips
This needs its own category
Fish and chips are a classic for a reason! And there’s no better place to enjoy it than next to the sea. There are lots of amazing fish and chips restaurants in Sunderland but here are the 3 which are the highest rated on TripAdvisor.
- Daniela’s fish bar
- Minchella’s fish and chips
- Catch 22
The next fast-food places are all available from Deliveroo. They have an offer which can get new customers £10 off their first order when they spend £15. So, you can have a feast from one of these restaurants for just £5!
- K-Town Chicken is the answer to all your SFC needs. Its amazing menu has meal deals including a burger, side and drink which you can add wings to! The menu offers burgers, wings, tenders and sharing platters! This looks like the ultimate treat for fast food. Delish. Rated 4.6 stars Excellent.
- Another amazing choice is The Palm Sunderland. They offer the option of both American and Italian food, which is hard to say no to. From classic American starters to pizza, pasta, vegan falafel kebab and grill dishes, there really is something for everyone. Just to top it off, they have a dessert section too! How can you resist? Rated 4.5 stars Excellent.
- Who can say no to an Indian? My Delhi Sunderland is the best-rated Indian in Sunderland. The menu includes street plates, tandoori street plates, roadside curries, street bowl combos, and all the sides. A great fast-food choice and at a very reasonable price with the curry dishes starting from £7.95. Rated 4.8 stars Excellent.
- The top-rated Chinese restaurant on Deliveroo is Bar Shu Impression Sunderland. This restaurant has something for everyone, the menu is never ending… Literally, you’ll be scrolling for ages! But don’t let that put you off, this has everything every Chinese takeaway lover would want and need! With a delivery fee of just £1.49, how can you say no? Rated 4.5 stars Very Good.
- Mariano’s Italian Restaurant is a great place to cure carb cravings. Amazing starters, fish and meat dishes, pizza, pasta and risotto, this is the perfect takeaway for Italian lovers. With a Margarita pizza for just £6.00, it’s perfect for the student budget. Rated 4.1 stars Good.
- The final recommendation for fast food is Roker End Cafe. This one is more of a daytime option as it does shut earlier than others, but with its insane menu, you don’t want to miss out. They do breakfasts (including a veggie breakfast), sandwiches, burgers, wraps/burritos and great side dishes. This menu is definitely student-budget friendly with a ‘bacon sarnie’ at just £3.00. Available to eat in as well as order via Deliveroo. Rated 4.2 stars Very Good.